Hello and welcome! This site and its community were created by Jason Karuza to provide support and knowledge to every computer user out there. No matter how good you are with Windows, OSX, or Linux, you can find a place here and learn something new.
If you are a beginner or intermediate user, then you have probably struggled with your machine at some point like so many other people. You fight to keep your computer secure, organized, well maintained, and efficient. Most of the time you can do the minimum set of tasks faced on a daily basis, but as soon as something out of the norm appears, in comes the panic and frustration. We are trying to eliminate that by teaching everyone the fundamentals of good computer use. Things like:
- Security - Preventing infection, identity theft, targeting by spam and phishing, as well as how to deal with those challenges if you have already been attacked.
- Maintenance - Keeping your machine running in peak condition with both software and hardware.
- Organization - Increasing your efficiency and speed when using a computer through good habits and tools.
- Tips & Tricks - Teaching you skills and tricks used by power users to maximize the benefit of using a computer.
- Useful Programs - Software tools that can help with other categories described.
Our goal is to provide you with the tools and resources you need to face any computer-related challenges you will ever face.
If you are a more advanced computer user (or Power User) and you want to help others learn and master their machines like you have, or advertise your support services with us, then join us to help fight security threats and computer frustration through the sharing of knowledge to those in need. You can also find advice and discussion on:
- Advanced Computer Use - Taking the basics above to the next level.
- Web Development - Designing and creating websites using the multitude of technologies available.
- Software Development - Designing and creating applications, operating systems, and other types of software.
Whether you use a PC, Mac, or Linux, whether you want to learn how to set up a wireless network properly, how to remove spyware from your computer, or how to organize your files so you never lose them again, or just want to help support others like the gurus helped you during your upbringing, this site is a place you can call your computer learning home. Please contact us if you would like us to discuss a topic in our Blog, have suggestions for our site to make it better for you, or want to advertise on our Additonal Support Providers list.
Our motto at ComputerJourney.com is:
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime."
Join us and we will feed the whole world with knowledge of good computer use.
Take my class this summer!El Camino College Community Education
PC Tips and Tricks, 520029, Start 06/22/09, Materials Cost: $25.00
2 sessions, Mon, $60.00, Location: Social Sciences Room 110, Instructor: Karuza
PC Tips and Tricks, 520029, Start 07/18/09, Materials Cost: $25.00
2 sessions, Sat, $60.00, Location: Social Sciences Room 111, Instructor: Karuza